Week 6 - Saying goodbye to England

Hello! I would just like to say that I am alive! Also, this specific keyboard I'm using is swapped around a bit, so if you see something weird in this email like a z instead of a y or an ä instead of a ', zouäll (you'll) know why. Goodness, trying to find the parenthesis was an adventure.

Anyhey, so some of you probably realized that today's email is a bit earlier than usual! That's because I will be heading out to Germany on Tuesday, so I probably won't have any time to write. So I get to today, instead.

Here we go.
So this past week was a bit of a blur, but I'll do my best to hit on the highlights.

I was proposed to! On P-day, we had just gotten into town when a drunk guy who was talking to some of our elders saw me. It went something like this:
"Woah! Are you married?!"
"....no...."
"Would you LIKE to be?" (wink in my direction)
"No, not right now!" (me sprinting away with my assigned companion)

So that was an experience and a half.

S. Baird was very sick at the beginning of the week, but has since recovered and seems to be doing very well now. Yay!

I sang as part of an a capella musical number and totally nailed it as a soprano, despite being an alto.

We had our last district meeting on the back steps of the temple. It was peaceful and full of excitement for this next step of our lives. We also saw a hedgehog, and there was a lot of squealing about how cute it was.

Thursday night, the Alpenländische missionaries got to pack a bag with no weight limit to ship it off early to the mission home. I may or may not have accidentally packed my towels in with it, so I had to use a washcloth to dry off after my showers, but it's all good because the MTC is lending me one until we leave. But it's also no big deal because I officially had the heaviest bag at 35 kilos (thanks to my amazing packing skills). Now my other bags are basically empty. It's great. :)

Friday the 13th was great, as per usual. It had rained the night before, so we couldn't play fußball, but that was chill because we played PING-PONG! And our teacher joined in! That's honestly the hardest I've laughed in a while - there was so much teasing and joking around, and the fact that we weren't very good at actually hitting the ball just made it that much better.

We had a power outage that was campus-wide, which includes the Temple. We still don't know why, but the flickering lights and the alarm in the residence halls was a bit creepy.
That about covers it all. I'm sad to be leaving this wonderful place, but to quote an email from my mission president: I'm so excited to be leaving personal preparation to go and serve others.

See you in just over a week!

Favorite funny quote:
"Why would I want to be a duck? I'm a freaking SWAN." -E. Heal

Favorite new word:
Gelegenheit - opportunity

Favorite spiritual quote:
"We have a tendency as people to overexaggerate our strengths to others and overexaggerate our weaknesses to ourselves. Developing humility solves both problems." -From an email from my Mission President
Bis Später,
    Sister Hamilton







Pic #1: Me being really excited about riding a double-decker bus (the real excitement came from not having to walk to town for once) 
Pic #2: Awkward temple pics, yay! This was just after our last district meeting. 
Pic #3: Can you find the hedgehog?

Comments

Popular Posts