🔥I Have a New Pet🔥

Any name suggestions? 
(p.s. This has next-to-nothing to do with my week, I just couldn't think of a clever name) 

Dienstag, 17th:
Well, just a quick recap since I sent the last email in the morning. We didn't end up going to the museum. Shopping took longer than expected, because I was explaining what everything says and means to Sister Smith, which was actually quite a bit of fun just time-consuming. So we shopped at the big store where all of the missionaries go, and then we headed to Basel SBB to meet up with the Reinach Sisters and get some wifi. We took our stuff to their apartment so we didn't have to lug it around all day, and then we headed back into the city. I met Elder Buss and Elder Porter to get Elder Buss's Tschüß Book, and then we went to a new store near Marktplatz that just opened that we wanted to check out. We stole wifi from H&M, and then pday was over.
Sister Smith and I went to an appointment 2 potentials, and we had an AMAZING lesson. They were so open, and as they shared what they believed, little checkboxes in my head started getting checked off, because almost all of what they said actually lines up with our church. So by the end of the lesson, we set up another appointment and had 3 new friends! (The third was the pet dog of the 2nd potential)
It was late and we had gotten permission to stay over with the Reinach Sisters, so we sped-walked to their house and beat them. I had a nutritious dinner of chocolate and half a cucumber. It was fun being around other Sisters, and we all fell asleep rather quickly.

Mittwoch, 18th:
Wowee!
So we woke up and got ready for the day. Sister Frome helped me pick an outfit and do my makeup, so I looked bomb for Zone Conference (or something (trying to stay humble here)). We had a fun trip to Zürich, and then when we got to the church we had many wonderful reunions! I saw some people from the MTC who I haven't seen in a while, I saw Sister Meisenfelder, I saw Elder Buss and Elder Porter again, etc. It was a lot of fun. :) We took a picture, and then sat down for a solid few hours of spiritual aufbauende Tätigkeit. I felt the Spirit strong and often, and took many notes. Elder Kopischke and his wife, along with an Elder Saaske (idk how to spell it) were there, and they were amazing. I loved it. It was also fun to see the Browns again, and just to be with other missionaries in general.
We went straight from there to the Pratteln church, because at 19.00 Elder Kopischke was giving a devotional to ward/stake leadership, and we were invited to view the Ãœbertragung.
He basically just repeated himself from earlier, and even though part of me wanted to stay, a bigger part of me was exhausted and wanted to get home to sleep on time (we had permission to be out until 10:30). So we left, along with the Reinach Sisters, and made it home and passed out on our beds from exhaustion.

Donnerstag, 19th:
We started the day by going to Schwester Caminada's. We (and the Elders) helped to clean her windows, which was fun and reminded me of a past service project I had done, which made me miss some people. But Schwester Caminada is a sweetheart and was cracking jokes and stuff while preparing lunch for us. Once we finished cleaning the windows, we had a nice meal together.
Sister Smith and I then ran off to teach Vivianne, who is just as sweet as ever.
We then went and picked up our groceries from the Reinach Sisters' apartment (yes, after 2 days), and were on our way to a member appointment when she canceled. She was super stressed with work, so we told her not to worry about it, and instead we went home and did our studies.

Freitag, 20th:
We went to the Lucas family at their new apartment and helped them unpack. It was a lot of fun, and we also helped them arrange their living room furniture, which brought me joy because one of my secret hobbies is interior design. ❤
We did some finding and studies, and then we went to a dinner appointment with the Familie Luna. We had tacos, and it was delicious. We did a spiritual thought where we tell a story while folding a piece of paper and then tear it to make a cross - the little boy loved it and even followed along with his own piece of paper. :) Then the mom drove us home.

Samstag, 21st:
We started with a service project with Schwester Schüpbach. She fed us lunch (I kind of choked on how oily it was but Sister Smith was over the moon), and then we cut her roses. I'm now officially a pro rose cutter, if anyone is in need. My hands are only a little pricked, but I only bled once! It was actually quite a bit of fun.
We went home and did our studies, then we had an extra long comp study because it was needed and basically got not too much done. But we had a good talk, and we're even more excited for missionary work now.
We went to Sport late, but there were some people there whom I've never met before (one being a trumpet player from Northern Australia) and lots of people whom I love (shout-out to Véronique). We had lots of fun, and went home wishing it went longer (or that we had been there for the full two hours, lol).

Sonntag, 22nd:
Sunday we went finding in the morning, then went to church. Church was awesome because so many members came up to us to talk and say hi, and I just felt so loved the whole day! We don't get too many dinner appointments and we're so busy it's hard to find time to just go by on members for 15 minutes, but at least they know on Sunday that we love and appreciate them. It is however one of our goals to make contact with every single member before the end of our time together, though. :)
We went finding again, and then went home to do weekly planning.
We watched the new Book of Mormon video during personal time, and we flipped out. IT'S SO GOOD and we can't WAIT for the rest to come out! These stories that we've read and studied our whole lives are coming to life and it's incredible!

Montag, 23rd:
We had Distrikt meeting, then ate a delicious lunch of hamburgers (one of the new Elders used to work at a Texas Grill house or something, so he knew what we was doing).
Sister Smith and I stayed behind to do a couple studies, but our energy level was going downhill so we ended up just leaving to go finding. We had talked about how Sister Smith had read in Alma about how he preached to the poor, because the rich were hard-hearted and didn't want to listen. So we thought about it (because we're currently trying to become more like Alma and Amulek) and how it's hard to avoid the rich and find the poor in Switzerland, but we made a goal to try and stay away from the shopping streets, even though that's technically our main finding area. So we wandered around Old Basel and gave out several pamphlets and even got a potential! I saw such blessings from trying to find those who were humble, it blew my mind. I also found a cool looking candle in the middle of one of the streets, so I adopted it and brought it home. I don't know why. But I related to it. :) It is now my pet, and I need to think of a name for it.
When we got home we finished our studies and then I took a bath. I finished off my Ben and Jerry's and listened to classical music. It was nice to just relax.

Dienstag, 24th:
Today we went to the TEMPLE!!! Yay! It was as beautiful as ever. ðŸ’œ
Then we got Döners for lunch, but we needed to catch our train, so I ran with a half-eaten Döner in my Hand. Not easy, let me tell you what. The curse of being a slow eater. ðŸ™‚
We're now at the Pratteln church for emails, and then we'll stay here for Gemeinderat. It's been a good day!

Favorite new word: Esp, la expiación - Atonement / Deu, gutartig - good-natured /Schwyzer Dütsch, gruselig - gruesome (it's also technically normal German, but with a Swiss accent sounds very very Swiss)
Favorite funny story: On Sunday when we went finding, I met some girls who I feel very sorry for. We walked up to them and asked if they spoke German. They said no! We asked if they spoke English, and they said no! We asked what language they spoke, and one responded in perfect Swiss German! Then the other one spoke in Hochdeutsch! These poor girls didn't even know what language they spoke. I hope someone can educate them one day. Because they couldn't possibly have tried to get us to go away by telling us they didn't speak German... ðŸ¤” My heart goes out to these sad, uneducated girls having a Photoshoot. But we did what we could and helped them take a picture.
Favorite spiritual thought: Ah, so many from this week, but I wanted to challenge everyone to do a General Conference countdown, if you haven't already started! Basically, every day read 1 talk from one of the 15 Apostles (so the Quorom of the 12 and the First Presidency) - and you'll get through each Apostle and be ready for General Conference! You'd have to read 2 one day, since it technically started yesterday, but it'll be great. :) I'll be doing it too! Also, think of some questions that you wanted answered during conference, and pray to have them answered. I promise you they will be!

TLDR: We've been very very busy! I'm hyped for General Conference!

Much love,
Sister Hamilton

Pics:
Zone Conference with Elder Buss and Elder Porter! 
The Münster here in Basel (the most famous church here) 
Sister Smith appreciating the Team Christus sticker Sister Akre put up a little bit ago
An artsy picture of the Book of Mormon after it rained in Basel and made the streets shiny
My pet candle
A super cute street in old Basel

Comments

Popular Posts