I'm Going to H***!

Wednesday, 14th:
Schwester Kraus! Ah, I'm going to miss her so much. This was the last time we got to go over, but don't worry - we hugged a lot on Sunday. She gave us a Spinach "soup" thing (it's basically like blended, boiled spinach - it's actually really good, especially with potatoes!) because last time we were there she was talking about Popeye and how he drinks spinach. I was thoroughly lost because I had no idea about any of that, but S. Smith got so excited about spinach because of Popeye, so Schwester Kraus was kind and thoughtful enough to make spinach for us. <3
We tried to wrap up our deep-cleaning, and I scrubbed away at the mold in our washer with a literal toothbrush. But now it's (mostly) mold-free!

Thursday, 15th:
We waited for someone for 2 hours at Westbahnhof so that we could teach them a lesson, and then we gave up on them and left. And then we texted them to tell them that we couldn't wait anymore, and they said that they had already come and gone to their Deutsch Kurs. 😑 Thanks for letting us know! But I did get quite a bit of Duolingo done in the meantime.
And then we cleaned some more. We found a LOT of rust behind the access plate to the pipes under our tub (luckily, it's not the pipes themselves #pvc), so we got in contact with our Mission Housing Coordinator, and he's working on that project to see if the landlord will deal with it or if the church needs to.

Friday, 16th:
We went to Frau Martina's for the last time (for me)! It was honestly so much fun. Elder Konietz is going home this transfer, so Frau Martina and her sister Ingrid bought a cake for him. Specifically, a Schwarzwalderkirsch Torte. Which, for those of you who don't know, usually has alcohol in it. Elder Konietz was smart, so he checked the ingredients list on the box it came in, and there was no alcohol listed, so we all started eating it. But guess what was in it?! Let me tell you - alcohol does NOT taste good. And because these women are so sweet, we each got to eat three slices! So that was fun.
And then we cleaned some more.

Saturday, 17th:
Transfer calls! We woke up in great anticipation. And waited. And waited. And waited. For almost 2 and a half hours. Which means that Präsident Brown called us! Which means..... I'm going to be an STL! I'm going to Wels and Haag (they're two separate wards (well, a ward and a branch) but one area in the mission, nicknamed Hels. Which means it's a very large area, with very few people, so we have a car nicknamed Hels Angel (coined by S. Smith, because this was her first area)). I will be serving with Sister Spratt, of whom I have only heard good things. I think she's only one transfer ahead of me, so it's going to be a party. I'm going to be in the Salzburg Zone, so I won't be moving too far away. It was also really funny, because when the Wien 2 members asked where I was going, without fail almost every single one of them said "Achso, immer noch Österreich! Nicht so schlimm, gell? Das ist gut, das ist gut." or "Ich habe Familie in Wels/Haag!" or "Ich komme aus Wels/Haag!" So they're excited for me. :)
Then we had our cleaning inspection, so we're good to go - no more deep cleaning!
And then we had a full day of finding planned. And then.... it didn't happen. Because as we were starting our comp study, S. Smith started throwing up! She hadn't felt well all morning, but it was like once she started she couldn't stop. So I called the mission nurse, and she told her basically to take it easy until she felt better, amongst other things. So I told S. Smith to go to bed (which she didn't want to do, because as missionaries you always feel guilty when you have to take a nap). After an hour or so, she asked for a Priesthood Blessing, so we called our Distrikt Leader and they came over pretty quickly. They gave her a blessing in our stairwell (because they couldn't come in our apartment - that was definitely interesting), and it was so cool! I have to say, my most powerful mission moments so far have been witnessing Elders exercise the Priesthood. It's so cool. It reminded me of the importance of marrying a worthy Priesthood holder. But yeah, after her blessing she slept for 5 hours straight, so I got all of my packing done. I was basically ready to "walk out the door," but then I've had to unpack a little because it basically turned from fall to winter overnight! So I had to pull out my puffy coat, boots, and tights.

Sunday, 18th:
I gave my testimony as a farewell, and basically did my best not to bawl my eyes out while looking at everyone in the pews. They've honestly become my family here, and you'd best be certain that I'm coming back one day! Hopefully with my real family! ;D
We taught Karen again, and this week has been really rough for her family because her Grandma died. It was such a tender lesson, because she shared her testimony with us, and we invited her to share it with her mom to help her find some comfort.
We took a couple of pictures with specific people, but I didn't get everyone because they were mostly fawning over Elder Konietz because he's leaving, leaving. But I did get to talk to all of them, so I'm still satisfied.
We had lunch at the Bischof's home, and it was a lot of fun to talk to him and his family (he's one of the, "Ich komme aus Haag!" people). Their daughter is a little crazy, as any 5-year-old, and the picture of her upside-down reminded me of my "crazy bus" picture with Kyle when we're really little.

Monday, 19th:
I abmelded early in the morning, so I no longer officially live here in Wien. 😖
IT SNOWED!!! IT'S OFFICIALLY WINTER!!!
We went to Distriktrat, where we each shared our testimonies for the last meeting of the transfer.
We finally got some finding time in after all of this cleaning, and we met someone from southern Spain! I was so excited to tell him that Mark lived there for 2 years. He was cool. He's been living here for 6 years, and I'm excited for him to meet with the Sisters here.
We ate dinner with the Antonopolous family (a young married couple), which I thought was fitting because they were my first and also my last dinner appointment here in Wien. They're so sweet, and it was really interesting to see how much I've grown since coming here, because I could see how much more I could interact with them, and how much less shy and reserved I was. They're super sweet, and the wife is another of the "Ich komme aus Wels!" people, haha. I'll meet her family there!

Tuesday, 20th:
Today, we're planning on getting A LOT done. We're meeting up with a JAE named Marie-Louise (the same girl from Distrikt P-Day last week) and then we're going to go to both the Kunst- and Naturhistoriches Museums (I wish I could take whole P-days for each of them, but as it is I'm going to have to rush, RIP), as well as the Christkindlmarkt by Rathaus, and then we're going to get dinner at Schnitzelwirt. Then we have an appointment with Amelie, and Marie-Louise is going to be a member present (we're hoping this helps her decide to go on a mission, because she's considering it). Then we have a quick appointment with Dalil to say goodbye (and bear testimony), and then we have another quick appointment with this guy named Joseph.
Then I'll do my best to actually finish packing so that I'm ready to "walk out the door" tomorrow morning and actually head out of Wien!

Favorite new word: Der Täufling - basically the baptizee, somebody to be baptized.
Favorite funny story: I ate alcohol.
Favorite spiritual thought: I love the challenge from President Nelson to read the Book of Mormon - by the way, I hope all of you are doing that! But honestly, I've noticed so many things that I hadn't before. Fun fact, the name "Christ" doesn't appear until like the end of 2nd Nephi or Jacob (Jacob is the one who first announces it). Another fun fact, I've been marking everything Christ says/does/is/isn't as well, and in the process I've started to notice when His Spirit is in other people in the Book of Mormon. Basically, I can better notice examples of how when we follow Christ we become more like Him. It's been SO COOL. I love it!

Don't get too sick from Thanksgiving. In other words, be thankful, but not thankFULL. Hahahaha.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Sister Hamilton

Comments

Popular Posts